Recent content by taliesin

1. T

anyone have a nudibranch

Just got to reading what I posted.... and idn't like what I typed. Apologies go out to Fish Gallery... when they found them.. they were very proactive in taking them out of the tank....
  2. T

TDS Meters

Ok... I finally broke down and just purchased a RO/DI unit.(Wife got it for me for my B-day at the end of the month) It should be delivered soon. So I know I need a TDS meter to make sure my unit is working properly. I've seen on various sites some that are in-line and some that are hand...
  3. T

Finally fragged

Ok Today I got the nerve up to frag part of my colt coral, and gave a frag to a friend in Carrolton. So far so good. I also put two up for the co-op area. Figured other's in the group have given me different frags, so I thought this was a good place to repay that generousity. I plan on...
  4. T

Question on Fragging a Colt Coral

I have a rather large colt coral (base is around 4 inches around) with a lot of branches. I have been thinking lately of "trimming" it back, but do not know exactly how to do so. Don't want to kill the thing.
  5. T

Calcium question

I have a question... yesterday I tested my parm and came up with the following: Alk: 3.0 Ca: 440 Nitrate: 0 Nitrite: 0 Am:0 Phos: 0 Salinity 1.024 Well, last night was the first night we used a bottle of Phyto that we raised. So today, when I got home from work, I decided to check the parm to...
  6. T

Starting SPS newbie question

Ok.. I have had the tank for about 1.5 years... it's been mostly softies.. leathers and polyps. I had 3x150w 15k XM's with 120w accentics. Now I am running 3x250w 12k reeflux bulbs with 2x160w vho accentics. I slowly acclimated the rest of the tank to the new lights over a period of weeks...
  7. T

BTA splitting

I've had my GBTA for about 1 1/2 months now and it's loved this one area of the tank... came home last night to see it stretched real thin in the middle... and noticed 2 seperate feet on it... Woke this morning and I now have 2 GBTA's... they are so cute.. not use to it being so small... the...
  8. T

Sick Puffer

It looks like my puffer is sick. There is a thick mucus that is coming off of him. I got him into my QT tank now..and from what I have read the best medication is copper for Marine Velvet.. which is what it looks like... I have treated with that and have it sitting between 1.5 and 2.0 on the...
  9. T

Converting from 30g to 75g questions

I have a friend that has a 30g reef.. and wants to upgrade to a 75g... Now I told him he should think about a refugium.. but he's insisting on sticking with his wet/dry that is rated for a 75... he wants to know if he could take the sand and rock out of his current tank and place it in the 75...
  10. T

Getting a Lion Fish to eat...Died :(

Well.. after several weeks of trying (unsucessfully) to get him to eat frozen food... his eyes clouded up and a few weeks later it died. :(
  11. T

Temp for new reef tank

Ok... I finally got the 200g fowlr going good, now to turn the attn to the 100g tank (was previous fowlr) now to be turned into a reef tank... Have some live sand in it, soon to get some live rock (this weekend)... but the real question is... What Temp should I keep the tank.... I have seen a...
  12. T

What to feed the Kenya Tree

Hi there... It was nice meeting everyone at the meeting... but have one question on the Kenya Tree that I won in the raffle. I have not kept corals before... and right now it's in the Fuge while I transfer the fish over to the bigger tanks and make the 100g the coral tank :) But now comes the...