Recent content by shookbrad

1. S

Which shops to visit

I'm going to be in DFW area this weekend. Which shops should i visit?  I'm interested in high end corals mostly. 
  2. S

Stores in Temple

Anyone know of any reef stores in Temple?
  3. S

Sea Hare Dance

Found my Sea Hare dancing tonight! alt="">
  4. S

Another Phyto growing station for confined spaces.

I designed this to reduce evaporation, reduce contaminates form air and to fit in a closet. It is basically a rectangle made from 1" PVC connectors. Here is the final product. alt=""> alt=""> Ok now for the step by step. Here is what you will need. 4 1" elbows, 3 1" tees, a short section of...
  5. S

Brad's 240 Gallon in-Wall

I finally have my new house. One of the things that attracted me to this house was the huge media room with a huge closet behind one wall. I plan on putting the tank in that closet with the tank visible in the media room. Here are some pics of the closet and media room before demolition begins...
  6. S

Seaclone Mod Help :idea:

I just picked up a used seaclone 150 for cheap. I replaced all the o-rings and it is working great. The only problem I am having though it the skim is way too wet. I can't see a way to adjust it so my question is has anyone moded one of these to get a dryer foam?
  7. S

Has anyone tried this? Aqua Clear

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290024638126&fromMakeTrack=true This is a kind of water purifier. They claim it ionizes the passing water molecules. ??? Is it worth $75??
  8. S

Built in 200G Tank I am building

I am building a new house that will feature a built in Reef Aquarium. It will be viewable from both of the long sides and over flows will be on each end. I will have a small closet on one side and a small fish room on the other. I will be using natural lighting. A large sky light will be over...
  9. S

fiberglass

Does anyone know if fiberglass can be used in a marine system. I am thinking about making a large skimmer with a fiberglass body. A lot cheaper and I can build a huge one with like a 18" D body. :lol: :lol: :lol:
  10. S

Shipping Time

What shipping method should be used when ordering live rock?
  11. S

What could this be?

My son discovered in a small cave with what looks like a swarm of nats in it. The creatures are tiny. They do not look like copapods. They were swarming around the skin of the cleaner shrimp that molted last night. they swim in that one area. If you saw them it would remind you of a swarm of...
  12. S

New 200G tank design

I am designing a new tank and would like some input and opinions. The tank will have overflows on each end. It will divide a room and an entryway so you will be able to see through it. I do not like any extra power heads and equipment inside my tanks. Currently I have it designed to have two...
  13. S

How to run a prop tank?

Ok, I am going to set up a prop tank. I have a few question on keeping it in top conditions. 1. Should I put a refugium on it? 2. Should I use LR? 3. Should I have a sand bed? 4. If I want to add a few soft's(Xenia, cult) do I need to consider anything? 5. How often should I do water changes...
  14. S

My Mini Reef construction

Mini Reef construction. Here are the drawings of the mini reef I will be building. alt=""> alt=""> alt=""> The tank will hold 6.6 gallons total. The front part, the display will hold 4.18 gallons. The back will be the sump and will be divided by 1/8” Navy Blue acrylic. The left side will...
  15. S

Diatom filter

What is a good Diatom filter? What should I stay away from?