Recent content by ReefGod

1. R

DFW fish stores

hey guys, I’ve been out of the reef building scene for a while now, does anyone know who in the metroplex has a decent aquarium selection on display. I only know Dallas Aquarium has some, any other large stores I can check out? thanksAnton
  2. R

Yellow Polyp Pink Monti

I purchased this monti a few years ago from a vendor at next wave, all he had to call it was Yellow Polyp Pink Monti (which is pretty accurate description) but i've heard there are several names out there for this monti now. Lets see what you got and what you call it. The reason its one of my...
  3. R

Stopping by

Hey guys, was wondering who of the veteran hobbysts still lurking on here :) I'm still in the hobby, I've spent about 5 grand on frags about a year ago. Since then I've had red hair algae outbreak, green, cyano, and now back to red. Needless to say the 5 grand of frags are still frags. I've...
  4. R

Sludge/Red Algae Killing Me

Anybody had experience with this, this is killing me, started to happen when I moved. No purple nice looking reef, just nasty sludge over the rock with red algae just taking over everything. I have to siphon it out ever few days. This is not cyano, just patches/balls of this red algae. I am...
  5. R

Wow Factor Acro

Just wanted to share my wow factor acro I got from a member here, pretty cool? If you got one growing in your tank, feel free to post a pic as well.. Here's what it looks like from reef farmers website: alt=""> Here's mine.. pretty close? alt="">
  6. R

Rinsing refugium sand

How do you guys suggest i rinse out old ref sand, just pour in a bucket and rinse with fresh water? I'm concerned with the sulfur build up and the junk it will release when i move the refugium to a new location.
  7. R

PEX vs PVC

Trying to find a good deal on flex PVC but found some PEX tubing in Home Depot, is there advantage of using PVC over PEX? Will all the fittings fit both?
  8. R

Low pH

So I realize this topic has been brought up quite a few time, but I don't consider myself a beginner of this hobby, and ever since I moved to a new place I can't seem to find a cause for my pH to stay below 8. Alk is well maintained over 11. Even with a buffer which suppose to bring the pH to...
  9. R

Calibrating ORP Probe

Any reason why Reef Fanatic ORP probe wouldn't work on an AC3?
  10. R

Calibrating Temp

So what's the best way to calibrate temp on an aquacontroller? I have 4-5 thermometers, digital and mercury type, in the tank right now, all are slightly off, ranging from 77 to 80. What's a good reference to use to get a best reading. I was thinking of sticking it in a tub full of ice and see...
  11. R

Lokani 20K vs. 30K Leagues

I think my 30K look a like beats the crap out of the Tyree's original 20K Lokani, you be the judge. It's just starting to get back the colors it lost a while back. 30K alt=""> 20K alt="">
  12. R

Setting up wireless connection on AC3

Need some help understanding how this works, do I need to connect it to a router via ethernet connection? If so can it be connected to another device that will transmit a signal to my router b/c it's not reachable from where the AC3 is. Or can I establish a connection wirelessly much like any...
  13. R

Purple Monster Growth Thread

I think its pretty cool how mine grows out of the side and the actual frag that was mounted to the rubble never even increased in size before alt=""> now alt="">
  14. R

Air, Water, Ice RO Unit

Does anybody have the basic unit from these guys? I'm trying to install mine, for some reason the water never reaches the fourth chamber, all the water goes out to waste line, even when I close the waste valve its still coming out. Its really frustrating :evil: !
  15. R

160 Gallon BB Reef

So I really really want to document each step of the way this time. I am open to all kinds of crazy ideas. I'm thinking this time I will not use a PVC frame since the tank is not tall, I am going with starboard bare bottom. Here's some details on the tank, Tank: 48"Lx30"Wx24"H, euro braced...