Recent content by randallftan

1. R

50 Gal Long - $250

50 Gallon long - 60 x 12 wide x 15 tallComes with stand, light bar and eshops over flow.Tank is no RR but comes with overflow
  2. R

Red Sea Reefer 450

Comes with tank stand and plumbing only **does not come with the sump** though the sump area is quite large so you could really use any sump in thereTank is about 14 months old. In good condition but has some light scratches on the front top panel. Not really noticeable with water in it. Stand...
  3. R

sea hare fs- $25

purchased it from DNA and its done with my tank. Pick up in frisco?
  4. R

New website?!

Looks like we have a new website and when i log in i am not a member anymore. Did all the info not port over?
  5. R

Drilling a tank

Has anyone had experiencing drilling a tank? Or know a company that will do it and put an over flow for me? Thanks for your help in advance :)
  6. R

Hardiness of zoa

So yesterday I was doing some fragging. Was cutting a rock with some PE vampires on then. As I was cutting the rock slipped and I ended up slicing one polyp off at the base. So basically in half. I thought it was for sure a gonner. But I ended up just gluing it to frag plug just for the heck of...
  7. R

Unique hippo tang

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406163933.471964.jpg Saw this at exotic aquatics Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. R

Water vacuum

Does anyone one know where to buy a water pump that vacuums instead of pump water. Was thinking of something where I put the pump it in a 5 gal and attach a hose and suck water from my sump Trying to find one that is cost effective Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. R

Issue with micro bubbles

so i set up my tank a couple weeks ago and its been having major micro bubble issues. After some trial and error, i found out that the micro bubbles have been coming from my over flow. Over flow flowing into the sump creates lots of bubbles and the filter sock is not helping. Does anyone have...
  10. R

LEDs spectrum

was thinking of making a diy led fixture, was wondering what everyone uses for their system. I know crees but what spectrum Cool white 5700-6300K ? blues 14 k? wanted to implement some violet and red as well, wondering if that is a good idea. thanks for your advice :D
  11. R

Can anyone repair LEDs?

Hello, So i have my lighting fixture for about a year and half now and noticed ytd that my blues were flickering. Is anyone familiar with repairing LEDs. They are not the diy sets, i bought them off another reefer and believe it to be this fixture here...
  12. R

melanarus wrasse and velvet blue nudi compatability

having some flat worm problems and dint want to use flatworm exit even tho i have it. was wondering if the melanarus wrasee will eat the blue velvet nudibranch.thanks
  13. R

Brown slime elegance

New elegance coral I bought isn't doing too well. Closed up and is has brown slime. Read up sounds like brown jelly. Anyone have advice for this. Any dips or treatments
  14. R

swimming funny

so recently i bought a melanarus wrasse. been hiding alot but when it does come out to swim. it seems kinda funny. ive watched some youtube vids on how they swim and mine jsut looks abnormal. so basically he doesnt use his tail to swim. it is as if his tail is damaged or paralyzed. it doesnt...
  15. R

randalls 6 gal fluval edge

Hey guys, I started this hobby just early this year around late feb 2012. After 4 months or so i have decided to share my experience and how much ive enjoyed this hobby. Equipment tank: Fluval edge 6 gal filtration: fluval edge pump with chemipure elite and polyfiber to catch particles...