Recent content by Ptt

1. P

My 210g money pit

I have been wanting to upgrade from my 75g to a larger tank for a while now, but the thought of transporting a big tank is scary. So when Kraig (kraigrrr) posted up his tank for sale and also offered to delivered it, I made the jump. Thank you Kraig and his kids for delivering the tank on...
  2. P

Need help setting up Aquacontroller II

I finally got around to setting up my Aquacontroller II with DC8. I think I set everything up correctly but maybe I'm missing something because none of the outlets of DC8 gets power. My speculation right now is that the DC8 is bad. Here is the list of things that I know and observed: 1. The 8...
  3. P

80 gph for calcium reactor?

Would an 80gph pump be sufficient as a recirculating pump for a calcium reactor that is 4.5" wide and 18" tall? Since this pump is running 24/7, I want to use as little power as possible.
  4. P

Zoanthid's life span

Has any of you ever wonder what is the life span of zoanthids? How long would that 1 polyp stay alive if it is in a perfect environment?
  5. P

My new horses

I just got these horses last week. From looking on the web, I think they are both female reidi. What do you guys think? alt=""> alt="">
  6. P

problem w/ auto shut off valve for ro/di

I bought a kent float valve (without the solenoid) to automate my topoff choir. Some how my auto shut off valve (asov) is not shutting off the water when I put my thumb over the output of the DI filter. The water pressure will continue to build up until my thumb can't contain it anymore. I...
  7. P

Keeping light OFF during early afternoon

Are there any negatives to having the light over the tank ON for 4hrs, OFF for 2hrs then ON again for 4hrs? How does that compare to having the light ON for 8hrs straight?
  8. P

Anthias ID?

Anybody know what kind of Anthias this is? alt="">
  9. P

Fire shrimp and peppermint shrimp together?

Is anybody keep both Fire shrimp and peppermint shrimp together in the same tank? I had a peppermint that dissappeared after I put in the fire shrimps. Then last week I bought another peppermint and it dissappear after 1 day. I have been looking for it all week... and I mean really look for...
  10. P

Button Polyps or Zoanthid?

I'm just wondering what is the difference between button polyps and zoanthid and how can you tell. I have a colony forsale that I called button polyps, but somebody PM me asking if it might be zoanthid. Here is the link for picture: http://www.dfwmas.org/Forums/viewtopic.php?t=9962
  11. P

Nassarius obsoleta

[I need opinion from personal experience on nassarius obsoleta snails. I know there were some of you that bought these in the past month or so. What do you think about them in your reef tank? I know they are not suppose to be in reef tank because of the temperature, but I would like to hear...
  12. P

Calcium hydroxide - From tnn1567

[Has anybody tried using the calcium hydroxide from Tri? I only have one tank and would hate it if something goes wrong. So maybe someobody with QT or frag tank can try it out first and let everybody know.]
  13. P

Marine betta: fact & opinions?

[What does everybody think about Marine Betta in a reef tank? Some sites say it is not reef safe; some sites say it is. They also said that it will eat the shrimps. Can it eat my fire shrimps that is about 1.5" long (body only)?]
  14. P

Maxi-jet hang-on clip

[How do you guys hang your Maxi-Jet powerheads on your tank? My powerhead with suction cups come loose this weekend and blown sand everywhere. The hang-on clip that was provided with the PH is very small and cannot fit over the rim of my Oceanic tank. How do you guys do it? Pictures would...
  15. P

Feeding candy cane

[Does candy cane coral shares its nutrient intake with all the heads? I just spot feed for the first time my candy cane. Some heads got some food, some didn't. Will the heads that didn't get any food benefit from the heads that did get food? Question refers to heads on different branches...