Recent content by Prime Minister

1. P

Selling: 75gal w\ canopy , stand, rocks & lights

I have a 75 gallon tank and stand along with a 20 gal tank (sump\refugium).  I also have about 100 lbs of rock and a T5 lights (sorry don't know the name of the lights...at work posting this...lol).75 gallon tank = $75.0020 gallon tank = $10.00 T5 Lights = $75.00Rocks = Negotiable
  2. P

SPS 101

Ok I am slowly inching into the SPS side of reefing and need some basic 101. I do have some montipora, small frags of red digitata and birds nest but i don't want to lose them so any advise would be appreciated. I am reading up on somethings as well but learn other things are not are not...
  3. P

Green Hair Algae...

I am dealing with GHA; I will note that part of the problem was old lighting and bad maintenance habits. I have changed my lighting and stepping up with good maintenance (weekly water changes and tank dosing) habits. My water parameter’s has been stable for a month and as of today: Salinity -...
  4. P

Wanting to pair gold band clown

I have a gold band clown that I had for roughly 4yrs. I am wanting to pair her/him with another clown. I have read that the new clown has to be bigger than my current one. Has anyone successfully paired maroon clowns. Has anyone heard that the female is a darker shade of maroon than the male...
  5. P

LED T5's

Has anyone know much about the LED T5's? Looking to add one or two to my T5 fixture but wanting to see what others are saying or know about this!
  6. P

Moving Tank Help Question

Ok got a question...i am moving from my apartment and will need to move my tank. So this is what i am thinking and need some info on what i am doing and what i need to do. <u>First thing...i am not in a financial situation to purchase anything because all my $$ is going toward moving</u>. I...
  7. P

ID These Chromis

Can anyone help me properly ID these chromis. I was told when I bought them they were called "Stag Horn" Chromis. I have tried looking them up but only come close to finding a Stag Horn Damsel. I know Chromis are in the Damsel family but are these more Damsel or Chromis. The have the blue...
  8. P

Powder Blue Tang - White dots froming??

I have a powder blue tang that appears to have these white dots forming on hisher head and i notice the powder blue skin is kinda have some white splotches. I think this is ick but wanted to ask y'all. I also have a yellow tang and as far as i can tell nothing is on himher. Both are eating and...
  9. P

Nem Not Green Anymore??

My GBTA has change color and no longer green! I don't know if he is stressing or sick. I got him on Dec 2nd and he was green at the begining. Since then i have done my weekly water changes (haven't done this week yet). Ensure the water temp is stable at 79-80. salinity is holding at .024...
  10. P

Ultraviolet Sterilizer Pro's & Cons

I was just looking up different things that may or may not help my aquarium and ran across "ultraviolet sterilizer". Does anyone have experience with them and what are the pros & cons? I could ask lfs and read online articles but wanted real life Aquarist experience.
  11. P

Tiger Pistol??

I recently purchase about a 2" Tiger Pistol and love the lil bugger. I always enjoy seeing his tunnels he has dug and love hearing him popping his claw, but now I am not sure but haven't seen any of my nassarius snails lately, one peppermint shrimp and a few hermits! Could he be feasting off...
  12. P

Pistol Shrimp Eats Bristol Worms?

I just purchased a Tiger Pistol Shrimp and not long after being in the the tank (not even 5 minutes) he immediately starts digging and uncovers some centipede like worm that I later ID'ed as Bristol Worms. Well the pistol disappeared in the rear of the tank and next thing I hear is him popping...
  13. P

ID Growth On Live Rocks

Can anyone tell me what the green plant like growing on a live rock...sorry for it being blurry but camera phone and current moving. The second picture is hair like substance growing on another live rock....any idea's?Hairy Rock.jpgGreen plant.jpgGreen plant.jpg
  14. P

Maroon Clown - More Aggressive than other Clowns?

I am planning on having a pair of maroon clowns in my reef along with cleaner shrimp, chromis and maybe a few other fish. I have read some post about aggression issue with these maroon clowns. can anyone shed some more light on this and what their opinion?
  15. P

ID Unknown Purple Strand

Hello Everyone I am in the process of reviving dead rock with some live rock and cycling my 46 gallon (almost 3 weeks). I have been adding "Purple Up" daily. I had my water tested at LFS and all levels were good and showing tank still cycling. Well this a.m. I notice this long purple stands...