Recent content by lowincwrx

1. L

who locally makes custom aquariums

Is there any local aquarium builders? Or who do yall recommend? I'm looking to have something made and would rather deal locally if possible. Looking for rr 40x24x20 rimless with plumbing/overflow in the corner.
  2. L

after nearly 5 years I think I'm coming back. pics inside

Lately I've really been missing the hobby and have been going through some of my old pics and am seriously thinking of jumping back in. I've kind of been creeping around on here for a few days and it's great to see some good guys are still around on here like Drew, Wes, Dave J and of course...
  3. L

What lfs has the best selection of t5 bulbs need one quick

I just bought a fixture off ebay but the bulb it came with got busted in shipping no big deal but need to make sure the fixture works so I'm going to run out for lunch and pick one up. Who in the Dallas area has the best selection of t5 bulbs? I know fish gallery has the glo bulbs.
  4. L

What's your slowest growing coral? here's mine.

What's your slowest growing coral? If you have pics that would be great. Here's mine, It's a fhi acro that I got back in Oct of 08. It's healthy, great color up, with great polyp extension (not shown in the pic) and encrusting but man is it a slow grower just about all my lps grow faster...
  5. L

t5 fixture and bulb questions

Let me keep this simple I have a 29g tank (30X12X18) with a 150w sunpod fixture with a de 14k phoenix bulb no canopy. I like the look but I want some atinics for that dusk/dawn effect. There's not much room left for the t5's and as I have no canopy for a retrofit I was thinking about doing...
  6. L

Blue zoas

Well it looks as though many people by some means came across frags of these beautiful zoas. Whether it be Michelle, Neptunes, on-line shop, etc. we all understand it's been stated these are difficult to keep. I thought it would be a great idea for everyone to chime in every now and then with...
  7. L

What type of sand for goby/shrimp?

I'm setting up a tank for either a shrimp/goby or for a pair of harlequins I will decide while the tank cycles. My question is for the shrimp/goby would they prefer a fine sand or more of a crushed coral type?
  8. L

fans of sun corals need to try these.....

Dendros (Dendrophyllia) aka firecracker coral I've tried sun corals before and though they are very pretty when open can be a pain to feed or get to open. These imo are much nicer of course the price tag comes along with them but with enough searching they are becoming cheaper and more...
  9. L

Chalice show off thread

Thought I'd start one. It's my favorite thread on rc and I know there's alot of nice pieces here in our own dfw area (plus I think I'm becoming one of those chalice addicts :wink: ) So post 'em if you got 'em. Here's my 3 alt=""> alt=""> alt=""> alt="">
  10. L

should i get a second clown?

At next wave I was looking at the two percs in there display tank and how happy they looked and wondering should I get a mate for my false perc? I've had it for a year now and it has grown quite a bit as far as tank mates go I have a tail spot blenny and a cherub pygmy angel in my 29 gallon. I...
  11. L

Lithophyllon or Psammacora

I have no idea what this is. I bought it of a frag section at a lfs and the employee there said he had no idea either. I made a guess and said possibly hydnaphora but I've never seen it like this or these colors. when he picked it up the little feelers retracted back in and it looked like a tiny...