Recent content by DetroitRodeo

1. D

Halichoeres Maculipinna (clown wrasse)

Picked up a Maculipinna clown wrasse from DD last week. Wondering if anyone has any experience with this wrasse they can share. There isn't much out there and was trying to learn more. No issues to report, was eating on the first day, and so far is showing the same peacefulness as the rest of my...
  2. D

Local Live Foods

Hi all, Where can I find a variety of live foods, besides live brine, locally? I'll pick up some live brine but would like to have some other options in case. I have a Vroliks wrasse that I've had for 21 days as of today and still have not seen him eat. I'm assuming he's living off the pods and...
  3. D

Fish Whisperer

I had to share, well because I've never had this happen and it boggles my mind. Had an anthias jump out of the tank (I had the top off during the day after feeding, forgot to put it back on). I don't know how long it was on the carpet, but when I picked it up it was not wet, wasn't breathing...
  4. D

Zero Nitrate after cycle?

I'm embarrassed to ask this, but just want to be safe rather than sorry. It's not my first rodeo, 4th to be exact. My ammonia, and nitrites spiked over the last 5ish weeks (setting up a new tank). Been testing every couple days or so. Used dry marco rock, added mysis, kroll, pellet food every...
  5. D

Kessil Link Cables

Just an FYI for those running or thinking of running Kessils. No need to spend the $20 a piece on the link cables. I just got two 6ft 3.5mm male to male cables for under $5 (that includes shipping!). eBay. Hope this helps some folks save a few bucks, I know we can all use it in this hobby! :)...
  6. D

Rodeo's Reef (120 Shallow)

Hi all, Finally settled into the new house in Wylie and that means tank upgrade time. I'm going to follow the pack and document the build here for all to enjoy/comment/learn/share. Tank Specs and Plans: Builder: Planet Aquarium Dimensions/Specs: 72" long, 24" front to back, 16" tall. Back...
  7. D

Testing, Dosing, Repeat...or not.

I figured I read a lot about all the stuff people do to their tanks, and it was time for us to talk about all the stuff I do NOT do to mine (on purpose). It's been just over 3 years that I have been in this hobby now. I read a lot about people dosing and testing and then dosing some more. Not to...
  8. D

Blue Rimmed Squamosa

Large (6" by 4") blue rimmed squamosa for sale or trade. Building out a large zoa/paly garden. Asking $180 or trade for very high end Zoas/Palys. Text 248-867-2700 for more info. I'm in Sachse. Thanks