Recent content by Desertio

1. D

Micro bubbles everywhere!!!

I am having micro-bubbles galore in my tank and i cant figure out why!!! I have checked, double-checked and rechecked all the plumbing and i am positive that i dont have any holes or leaks. I think the skimmer is creating some. I have a PM skimmer. I tried putting some filter media on that...
  2. D

CO 2 gauge

Does anyone know if an O2 gauge can be used as a CO2 gauge? I would imagine so but dont know for sure. Thanks
  3. D

What type of plumbing to use

I have a 75 gallon tank that is drilled on the back instead of the bottom. The overflow is a short box with 2 holes drilled near the bottom. I am unsure as to wether I should make a stand pipe that makes 2 90% turns or what. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. TIA I included a poorly...
  4. D

Skimmers

I am looking to get a skimmer for my new 75. I found an Aqua Medic with an Ocean Runner 2500 pump. I have never heard of either of those brands and was wondering if anyone else had and if so what is your opinion of them? Thanks
  5. D

Lighting req

I have a tank that is 48"L X 18"W X 20"H It will be a mixed reef tank. I an going to suspend the lighting about 6-12" above the top of the tank. I have another tank which is 26" High and i have 2X 250W MH bulbs and 2X 48" actinic VHO's. It seems to work great but i am worried that the same...
  6. D

Plumbing and Sump/Refugium Ideas

I just bought a 70 Gallon aquarium and it is dfrilled on the back. I have never had one drilled on back and so i am looking for suggestions as to what type of plumbing to use and what type of refugium/sump. I am including pictures of the front and back. I appreciate any suggestions and ideas. I...
  7. D

Green tip anemone

How do i get my green tip anemone off of a rock? I have 3 of them on one rock and i would like to move one to my nano tank. I have some reef propogation tools so if absolutely necessary i can cut the rock into pieces. Thanks in advance.
  8. D

Green bubble tip anemone

My green bubble tip anemone split into 3 over a two day period! I now have 3 green tip anemones! Never seem one split into 3 that fast.Just thought i'd share the good news.
  9. D

Green film all over tank walls

I have tested the water and it seems to be fine. I do 20% water changes every 7-10 days. I have an awesome lawnmower blenny on my team and still I have this nasty looking green film on my tank. I Use a scrubber and cant get it off. Try the magnet scrubber and still nothing. What am I doing...
  10. D

Possible system builds

I plan on upgrading my tank in the not so distant future. I am wanting to get a 200+ gallon tank. I will probably have a 100 G refugium/sump. What i am wanting is some ideas about plumbing. My tank will be RR. Should i get 3 holes drilled or just 2? The reason I ask is because I recently learned...
  11. D

Possible system builds

I plan on upgrading my tank in the not so distant future. I am wanting to get a 200+ gallon tank. I will probably have a 100 G refugium/sump. What i am wanting is some ideas about plumbing. My tank will be RR. Should i get 3 holes drilled or just 2? The reason I ask is because I recently learned...
  12. D

Koralia 7 Magnum

I just got my Koralia 7 Magnum power-heads in toady and they are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! Talk about water movers! Couldn't be happier. I put them in my 70 gallon and put the koralia 4's i had in there in my 23 gallon. Unicorn tang is digging them like a shovel! If anyone was thinking aobut buying...
  13. D

Help! Issues with frag tank

I set up a frag tank about 3 weeks ago. It is running into and out of the same sump as my main display. It is 20 gallons, scwd output, with rio powerhead inside, 2 pc 50/50 bulbs. It is 31"L X13"W X12"H. I have no sand and only about 2 lbs of live rock in there. I have egg crate setting atop...
  14. D

What exactly is wet/dry filtration?

What is wet/dry system? I see people put it down and dont understand exactly what it is they are talking about. Is it like a refugium/sump with and external canister filter added to it? Thanks
  15. D

Cup coral

I found a cup coral that is not doing so well in a tank at the LFS here. How hard is it to nurse a cup coral back to health? I have great flow in my tank and alot of very healthy corals. Will this affect any of them? It is about 4 inches in diameter. Has a good amount of live coral on it for...