Recent content by DaMenace

1. D

Reef Radiance LED's

Well I moved from MH to these and I have to say I am very happy with these. I ordered 6. They were a little hard to program but their customer service was great and now I can fully program these with my iPhone. I'll keep y'all posted on the growth and color. I've had them running for about a...
  2. D

Plumbing Help Needed

Hi guys, any local place in or around Cedar Hill that I can hire to do the plumbing for my 150 gallon tank? Or maybe someone here wants to walk me through on what I need to do it myself? I have never done it but can with good direction. Or maybe someone wants to earn some money for the labor ...
  3. D

My New 150 gallon

So this is my new tank that I will try to make a reef system with. alt=""> alt=""> I haven't used a trigger skimmer system before so any advice would be great! Also looking into some LED lighting, so far I have seen some Hydra Fanthoms and Ecoray 112d? What do y'all think of those??
  4. D

What kind of algea is this?

So what kind of algea is this? What fish or creature will it this? Should I take the rock out of the tank for a while before it spreads? alt="">
  5. D

DIY Lighting for my Canopy

Ok so I'm thinking of eventually going reef. I have a 72" long and 18" wide tank. I can't remember how tall my canopy alone is but I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help. Maybe ideas or how you did it. What equipment I will need. I've never actually DIY anything so this would be a...
  6. D

Clams in FOWLR?

So I was wondering... Can you keep Clams in a FOWLR setup? Is there certain fish that won't go with clams? And what about lighting? Right now I have 2 36" fixtures with 4 t8 bulbs... 2 actinic and 2 10,000K Never had a reef so all info and comments welcome. I had bought some live rock about 4-6...
  7. D

Some type of worm??

Ok so I wasn't sure where to post this so apologize if this wasn't it. Ok so I tried feeding my eel with a stick and he didn't seem hungry so I decided to throw the shrimp in and leaving it in there for a few hours in the dark to see if he finds them and eats them (2). So when I came to check...
  8. D

Clean Up Crew Choices?

What would be a good clean up crew selection for my 160 gallon aquarium? It is a FOWLR and I have and eel for now. Plan on getting Blue Hippo tang, Harlequin Tusk, maybe Lionfish, and some angel fish. Basically what could I get that wouldn't not become dinner to my other fishes?
  9. D

KORALIA 6 question

Would a Koralia 6 power head be too much for my tank? So far I only have live rock and some mushroom. It's a 160 gallon tank 72" long and 18" wide. Any thoughts about it?
  10. D

LED lighting question???

I found this ad on CL. I was wondering if these type of LED's would be good for a reef aquarium? I've only had a FOWLR setup so would be new to Reef. Any ideas or advice would be helpful. http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ele/3265117777.html
  11. D

Need help with reef ready tank!

Ok so I have this new tank I purchased and came with all the plumbing. Unfortunately I didn't pay attention to how it was all assembled and wasn't there to see it disassembled. I'm lost at what to do and what goes where and where to get parts since one part is broken and will need replacing. Ok...
  12. D

What is going on with my Live Rock?!!?

[smilie=sadsmile.gif] Ok so as you can see in the pics the rock seems to be growing some fuzzy white hair looking like stuff. What's worrying me is that all of it is! Is this bad?! Or good?! What is it?!!? If it's bad, how do I get rid of it?! alt=""> alt=""> alt=""> alt="">
  13. D

Help me figure out what type of ballast I need! Thanks

Ok so one of my Ballast blew out. This light fixture has two 250 watt lights and a ballast for each. I have no idea what brand or where to get a new one?! Hopefully by the following pics someone can tell me something. Metal Halide Ballast is what I know. [smilie=crying.gif] This is the light...
  14. D

Black Sand

Hello everyone! I was wondering if I could use any type of black sand as my substrate for my saltwater tank? I have crushed coral now but really thinking of switching since I feel like it looks too plain....