Recent content by AdamT

1. A

Coral dip and aptasia

I've got a pretty good amount of aptasia in my tank. Enough so that I'm looking into berghia as a possible solution. After doing some searching about people raising berghia it seems one of the best methods for increasing the amount of aptasia is squirting them with aptasia x cause it drives them...
  2. A

Single Zoa Polyps

I'm just curious how many people out there have zoa colonies that have grown out from single polyps. I personally haven't had a whole lot of luck with them. Adam Taylor- Benbrook
  3. A

RBTA Bubbles

Anyone know if there's any rhyme or reason to RBTA maintaining their "bubble" appearance? The tentacles of mine aren't very bubble like at all, they're more stretched looking.
  4. A

Anyone know what this is

Sorry the pic isn't better. I've just got a regular canon point and click and for whatever reason it never seems to know what I'm actually wanting a picture of, lol, I'm sure it's user error. Anyway this is right at the base of a rock where it meets the substrate. I've seen little tentacles...
  5. A

Refugium Bulb

I curious what temp bulbs people are using in their fuges. I love this experiment Marc did with the 2700k vs 5100k. http://www.melevsreef.com/fuge_bulb.html I didn't find a 5100k bulb but ended up getting a 6500k daylight bulb. I haven't had it running long enough to be able to tell any...
  6. A

What is this?

I've looked around some and couldn't find this. A couple pics in the threads didn't show for me so this may be a bit redundant. Anyway I still would like to know what this is and if it's good or bad. Thanks Adam
  7. A

Zoo's... What to do with individual polyps

Is there a way to get a single polyp to root? I was thinking about getting a needle and fishing line and threading the polyps and then wrapping them around a piece of live rock. I didn't know if something similar has been tried or if there is some other way to mount them. I'm not sure glueing a...