Anyone know what this is

Sorry the pic isn't better. I've just got a regular canon point and click and for whatever reason it never seems to know what I'm actually wanting a picture of, lol, I'm sure it's user error. Anyway this is right at the base of a rock where it meets the substrate. I've seen little tentacles sticking up out of the crushed coral and sand substrate, usually a yellow/orange color with a black ring at intervals down the length, they remind me of a graduated stick you could measure depth with. Tonight I noticed quite a few sticking out from under this rock and got the flashlight so I could see better. There are tons coming out of one spot and when I look up in there it looks like there are smaller tentacles at work also. What do you guys think? I'll keep messing with the camera and see if I can get a better pic.

do they look like this? if so, its a spaghetti worm. good for your tank.

spaghetti.jpg
alt="">

And they are the most alien looking things you'll ever see in your life too if you actually ever see the head of it. [smilie=rofl.gif]

Yup that's pretty much what it looks like but there are also some thicker short tentacles right at the base. It may very well be the same thing. I wish I could get pics that were that good.

I'm glad to know they're friendly. So the tentacles aren't the worm body? How big is the actual worm? Time for google it looks like!

They can be pretty long. The tentacles are all attached to the head of the worm which is usually buried under the sand with the rest of the actual body and is rarely ever seen.

I have something similar in my newly established tank. But the tentacles look clear. I thought that it might be a small star fish with extremely long tenticales until I counted 7 limps. Some of which are 4-5 inch in length. I'm hoping to purchase a porcilen crab soon but I was worried that the unknown might hurt him. Can these worm hurt other inverts? And can thy be almost clear?