Zoo's... What to do with individual polyps

Is there a way to get a single polyp to root? I was thinking about getting a needle and fishing line and threading the polyps and then wrapping them around a piece of live rock. I didn't know if something similar has been tried or if there is some other way to mount them. I'm not sure glueing a single polyp would be a good idea. Any ideas?

Thanks for the feedback. I didn't know you could glue them. Good to know. I figured glueing them would bother the polyps too much. Thanks

Actually, the superglue GEL tends to work better, IMO. The regular kind tends to be runny. The gel was given out at the last frag swap (if you bought the kit), and seemed to work much better.

you people realize that if you bought gel Superglue in bulk and relabled it as Frag-bond you'd make a killing said:
except for something like copy right infringment, or trademark or something illegal :lol:

If you guys want me to, I'll get a large order from CA Plus with 20g tubes of Cyano Acrylate and the 1 oz Accelerator bottle, like we had for last years Coral Propagation Workshop. It ended up costing $5 per set, but I it may cost a bit more depending on what the company charges now.

For single polyps I use superglue gel. For multiple polyps...the fishing line. Except I don't "thread the polyps." Instead I tighten the line in between polyps so that the tissue is not punctured.

@66deuce wrote:
For single polyps I use superglue gel. For multiple polyps...the fishing line. Except I don't "thread the polyps." Instead I tighten the line in between polyps so that the tissue is not punctured. said:
Cory thanks for the fishing line tip. I did as you told me and the zoo's that I bought from you attached within 2 wks. BTW they are looking great, man. :D

@737mech wrote:
[I]@66deuce wrote:[/I][quote="For single polyps I use superglue gel. For multiple polyps...the fishing line. Except I don't "thread the polyps." Instead I tighten the line in between polyps so that the tissue is not punctured. said:
Cory thanks for the fishing line tip. I did as you told me and the zoo's that I bought from you attached within 2 wks. BTW they are looking great, man. :D"]

Awesome George! It always makes my day when I can assist another reefer. Post some pics up when you get a chance!

Okay, I'll contact them and see about ordering some in time for Next Wave 2006.