You MH opinion wanted...

I'd go with eletronic ballasts myself.. Cost you $210.

That auction doesn't have reflectors, so you'd need to buy those anyway. They come with the mogul sockets in the auction, so that's a wash. Spider relfectors are $25ish I believe..

Bulbs... 10K are whiteish, 12K more blue (I miss my old pair), 20K give you lots of blue. (I think I'll try some in the future)... They say 5600K will grow corals faster but I donno.. You can find a PAR listing on Reef Cental under the Lighting forum with all the bulbs listed as I recall. There's a place in Lewisville A to T lighting that has good prices on some stuff.

If you get MH you'll have no problems growing anything. I grow everything and only run 'em 8hrs. I do have 500W on a 55G though..

I've been running this ballast for 3year with no problems, fires anything, when the power goes off it kicks back on, doesn't run super hot, supposed to fire HQI which I haven't tried yet.

http://www.hellolights.com/aroelba2meha.html

www.hellolights.com has parts/etc. Donno about Icecap, I guess there good, like I said I've had 0 problems with this ballast and will buy another in the future if needed. I'd forget that auction.

Fernando won't need reflectors since the hood has one built in. I bought that exact set once and sold it with my bowfront. Good construction and just as good as other magnetic options. I've become a fan of the icecap MH ballasts, but if you're on a budget, those would be just fine. Still no answer on your sump question because I haven't talked to Duane. Hope it's going well!

So the ebay ones would be good? i looked into hello lights,and it comes out to about 500 for about 2 retro MH kits.And about the sump,well the stand,the center piece comes out just take the 4 srews out and it just slides out. :lol: sump should be in by next friday.. :D

Yeah, they're great. The one's I had are still in use on Eric's 90, so going on two years no problem. They fired ushios for both of us. That's awesome about the sump! Post some pics when you get some.