Yellow clown goby starved to death?

Oscarmk

Premium Member
I've had my yellow clown goby for 7 months, he always looked pretty skinny, but lately I noticed him being even skinner, and kinda fast breathing but I figured thats because he would mostly cone out to eat, and I know eating causes fast respiration, he always came out to eat, and ate but maybe not enough, he was easily scared by the rest of the fish... Today I can't find him anywhere, he ate a bit yesterday, he looked fine just skinny and breathing fast, but swimming normally, for the most part be would stay there, as a typica clown goby. Here is the photo of him from yesteday, which I took because I though he was just too skinny, his colors are great though:

2aij3gg.jpg
alt="">

Did he maybe starve to death slowly?, he ate every day but maybe not enough?, I suppose internal parasites are a possibility but I though he was fine given his strong yellow color. Any opinions on what happened?, checked overflow and in between the rocks but nothing...

I'm not a fish person, but I agree with your observations. Parasitic infestations normally cause bloating, not shrunken stomachs. Fungal diseases also show external signs. Possible that the bullying was just too much and he could not get enough to eat.

It is hard to find data on the life expectancy for fish. And unless we buy a know juvenile, we have no idea how the fish is. Could be he was an old fellow when he came to share his life with you.

I am so sorry for your loose.