WTB ‘Fiji’ Yellow Leather Coral, Sarcophyton elegans

What lights you running? Unfortunately they turn brown under anything (from what I’ve seen) other than halides.

I had one for many years first under halides then under a Kessil AP700 and it retained the color under the LED but did not grow as fast-but that could have been other factors since also a different tank. Lost it several years ago in a crash unfortunately.

I had one for many years first under halides then under a Kessil AP700 and it retained the color under the LED but did not grow as fast-but that could have been other factors since also a different tank. Lost it several years ago in a crash unfortunately

Wow, that's very interesting. Did you run a daylight spectrum with the kessil. I actually have no idea how a kessil fixture works.

The halides were 250DE Phoenix 14K. The Kessil I mostly run on a medium blue setting-I think maybe the third setting away from "Windex". Definitely bluer than those halides were.

The halides were 250DE Phoenix 14K. The Kessil I mostly run on a medium blue setting-I think maybe the third setting away from "Windex". Definitely bluer than those halides were.
But you maintained the yellow color with LED. That’s amazing. I’ve got about 6 Fiji and Tonga yellow leathers that I bake under 14k. I’d be scared to out em under LED haha

What lights you running? Unfortunately they turn brown under anything (from what I’ve seen) other than halides.
im running radion xr15 pro g4s, yes i have heard they do need alot of white light but jake adams said if you run a little bit of green light theyll keep there color

I had one for many years first under halides then under a Kessil AP700 and it retained the color under the LED but did not grow as fast-but that could have been other factors since also a different tank. Lost it several years ago in a crash unfortunately.
any pics when you had it?

One of my favorite past tanks was a yellow Fiji leather/gorgonian tank that housed a mated pair of orange-spotted filefish. Spectacular coral. I don't see them on stock lists or in stores very much anymore.

Went to Fiji last year and they are everywhere (predictably). I saw one that was at least 28" across (with scores of daughter colonies surrounding it). Good luck on your search and please consider propagation if you are successful. Keep us posted!

One of my favorite past tanks was a yellow Fiji leather/gorgonian tank that housed a mated pair of orange-spotted filefish. Spectacular coral. I don't see them on stock lists or in stores very much anymore.

Went to Fiji last year and they are everywhere (predictably). I saw one that was at least 28" across (with scores of daughter colonies surrounding it). Good luck on your search and please consider propagation if you are successful. Keep us posted!

my plan is to propagate it, its a beautiful coral that needs to be around