will a 40 gallon acryli tank be too unstable on 29 gal stand

Richard

Premium Member
I would put piece of plywood under the tank to match the dimensions of the tank.
What do you guys think?

prob not what are the dimensions of the tank and stand? are we talking about 1in around or 6+in? u usually want the stand all the way around bottom of the tank if this was glass tank i would say no right away. if it were say only inch around with good plywood i would say it could work but its still a risk acrylic seems can still come apart think u are better off just getting right stand not worth the risk

For the price of a 40g stand? No, I wouldn't do it. Plus, you'll appreciate a stand with more room inside.

Unless you can really reinforce the top piece, I wouldn't do it. When I built the stand for my 29g years ago, I made the cabinet a little smaller, with a top for the tank to set upon. The idea was if I later wanted to get rid of the tank, the top with its water damage could be removed and I'd still have some nice furniture.

Note the 1x3 material on the edges to keep the top absolutely true - nice and flat with no risk of bending.
full_look.jpg
alt="">