Wichita Falls!

maybe if we take turns offering up frags or something to give away at the meeting if we can get something together???
Last attempt was at Cheddars, and just me and BJ showed. There does seem to be a bit more activity out of wf now though, so I'm completely up for another try...

Sounds good critter, guys i went ahead and posted on craigslist, ill still try to contact some agencies to see if ican post on bulletin boards

Good Morning Wichita!
Hope everyones reefs are doing good and flourishing. Remember, if you guys need any help me included don't be afraid to ask that is why we are here. Also, share your experiences so we can learn from each other so we can help each other.

-Here is a tip (just something i do to clean pumps, you guys prob already know). I clean my pumps once a month and here is how i do it.
I use a small 10g tank ive had for years, but a bucket would work i guess. I fill it about half way with water, then i put about 2cups of vinegar in it. then i put all my pumps in it and crankem up. You would be amazed how clean they get by themselves. After that, I unplug one at a time and scrubem down right there until all are clean. Then, i get rid of the water and rinse them with fresh water. Finally, I fill about half way again with just water, put them all back together and crank them up again for a little bit longer just because. And then put them back where they go. Remember that its important for your pumps to be clean so they can run as efficient as possible. Happy reefing Wichita! -GROD

anywhere between 76-82 is considered, by most, to be the ideal "range" to keep your tank at. With that said, most people try to stay in the middle of this range in case there is some sort of abnormal fluctuation of water temperature it gives you a little cushion.
I have seen tanks run hotter and cooler successfully. My personal opinion, is that whatever temp you decide on, keep it stable.

same here, I know folks that run all different temps. My tank likes it at 78, I have a buddy in Puerto Rico that runs his temp at ~83 degrees with much success.

Just out of curiousity, where are you guys buying fish?? Are you guys driving to lawton? Dallas? Looking for a school of chromis/antheas, I don't know much about where to buy fish, any suggestions?

chris and i usually order online he just bought some anthias from somewhere but i dont remember where. if you do order let me know i need atleast one porcelin crab. I had a horrible hair algea proble it covered everything i lost all of my corals and fish. i finally got it under controll i hope.

I have been using salwaterfish.com. There prices have been better than everyone else, and in two shipments all my fish have come in looking very health and in good shape. Packaging was as good as I have seen. I will be looking for some lyretail anthias soon. I may order them through a store in Denton, or through Frank's Tanks and just go pick them up and make a day of coral shopping out of it. Frank gets his anthias from Exotic Reef Imports (Tanked supplier). Says they are the healthiest and nicest he has ever got in.

They all eat well. A little shy for the first few days, then completely out in the open.
They eat everything I put in the tank. Brine, mysis, cyclops @ nori