which silicone and where?

GE Silicone I or II, for windows and doors, without mildew inhibitors will work just fine. You can get them at Home Depot or Lowes for about $3-$4 a tube. You will need a caulking gun to use them, but you get way more silicone for half the price.

BTW, when you start working with whatever you get make sure you have plenty of ventilation. The fumes are pretty strong.

I would stick with silicon that states "for aquarium use", here is a note from wetwebmedia.com.

From wetwebmedia.com
"
Silicone
Can you tell me which brand of GE Silicone is reef safe? Silicone I, II window or kitchen and bath?
Thanks

<><<>>

@ceg1974 wrote:
I would stick with silicon that states "for aquarium use" said:
I agree. A small tube will cost you $5 to $7 and you can squeeze it by hand. You're already saving a lot of money building the sump yourself, so I don't see why you need to save $3 on another version of silicone. If you were building something immense, I'd understand it, but this is just a few beads and a single tube will do the job.

The main 2 things are 100% silicone & NO mold/mildew inhibitors.
I have used GE Silicone I for many aquatic applications (both FW & SW) from re-sealing tanks to converting tanks into refugiums. I have never had any issues with it.
That said, if you want to be completely assured without a doubt get one that says "aquarium safe".