WHICH CLOWNFISH

agamez214

Membership Expired
ok so im going to set up my 30g DT w 15g sump and while cycling im wanting to see which clownfishes are the most popular and bought from ppl cuz I wanna try and breed sum clowns in this tank heres the selection

PICASSO
BLACK ICE
SNOWFLAKE
PLATINUMS
BLACK SNOWFLAKE

Everyone of those mentioned are very popular. Pick your favorite and run with it. Everybody's opinion will be different. Breed the pair you like most

I like platinums better but heard if u breed snowflake ull get snowflake and sum platinums which not sure if u only get platinums if breed platinums

To be honest, not sure how breed plays a role, but I've got a platinum and a premium Picasso that have been paired for over a year and hoping one day they'll lay.

@ReefJunky wrote:
To be honest said:
im wondering if buy a mated pair will mate quicker than bonded pair since their environment will b changed if that has anythin to do w it

It's hard to say, you can buy a pair that's laying eggs in someone's tank and when you do the swap they stop laying for awhile.just get the pair you like the most and have patience. It may take awhile

That book is really good, also there's good books on how to raise Rotifers and plankton... Plankton culture manual by frank hoff

I would find a pair that you really like and have a great pattern. I don't think it matters if you're doing any the ones mentioned above because the big breeders will already be coming up with new versions by the time you'll be ready to pass yours along. If you find a type or pair that you really like, it's probably that others will like them as well and you'll do just fine when the breed. Hope this helps.

I have a black snowflake and buckshot black snowflake(bought em as blacker ice clowns) and absolutely love their patterns

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_214 using Tapatalk

You could always go with mixing a pair of clowns. Say a snowflake and a platinum or Wyoming white. Then once they start laying eggs and they hatch you'll have a nice variety of fry. Some will be regular or misbar clowns, some snowflakes and then some platinums or Wyoming whites. Also have you decided if your going to do percula clowns or ocellaris clowns? But like others have already said go with ones you like since your going to be looking at them. Good luck

Justin

@blackblazer wrote:
You could always go with mixing a pair of clowns. Say a snowflake and a platinum or Wyoming white. Then once they start laying eggs and they hatch you'll have a nice variety of fry. Some will be regular or misbar clowns said:
well these r the ones I got yesterday its a black snowflake and a platinum clowns and been getting along since I added them......hopefully they will mate if not im ok w it I like them alot
let me know what ull think of them