Where to find Oak molding

I'm doing a few changes to the stand that came with the DAS 115 instead of building a new one. The old stand is tall enough and structually sound, I'm just making some changes that I will show when they are done. My problem is finding oak molding of any kind. My local Lowes carried several diferent ones until about a month ago. Now they have no intention of getting any more from what I here. Home Depot seems to be the same way.

Does anyone have any ideas on places that sell a variety of oak molding in the Dallas, Carrollton, Plano, etc... area? Specifically, I'm looking for crown, chair rail and cap molding. My wife wanted the rope molding, but it seems like it would have to be ordered online at a very hefty price.

TIA

Not sure what (if any) molding is carried by Wood World in Dallas near I75 Central and I635 on Floyd road (near Texas Instruments). Might look them up and call.

When I put down my hardwood floors, I got my trim from a floor store at plano rd and 635. They have an entire section in there warehouse of trim and moldings

Thanks! I'm going to check out Hardwood Lumber Company today at lunch and probably Bee Builder Supply tomorrow morning.

Instead of looking at Lowes and Home Depot check out the mom and pop lumber yards. The prices may be a little more but you get better service and product

Well, Hardwood Lumber Company had a wide assortment of various different moulding in several different woods, but not a very good selection. Of course they could make anything I needed :shock:

Bee Builders Supply was closed when I went by Saturday morning so I'm still without ideas. I emailed them with a list for pricing, but I haven't heard back yet.

I also stopped by 84 Lumber in Lewisville and, of course, they could order anything on the profile sheet they have by the register. No oak in stock what so ever though.

Any more ideas where to look?

Thanks for everyones help.

There is a place in West Arlington (or very east Ft Worth) that sells trim for homes, including doors and windows. I can't remember the name, but they have it all. It is a huge place with a couple of buildings.

And then there are woodworking shops that always have a variety of wood at at a substantial pricetag.

Bee is awesome and their prices are as good as I've found. i don't know if they'll send them to you. sorry about it being closed on saturday. i think I knew that once.