What is my clown doing? - Breeding behavior?

[My clown has been laying on zoos for 2 days now. She does this off and on in different parts of the tank,, and I'm just wondering why. She is healthy, does this occasionally, and swims normally at times. So, I don't think it's illness. Anyone know?]

[HI
Do you ever see her "mouthing" the rocks nearby you could be right, but captive clown can bond to about anything in a tank.
Joe]

[hnmmm.. i think clowns are weird little fish.. mine hides behind a PH at night.. and it literally sleeps swimming upside down.. weird little guy for sure.]

[For the last week they were picking at the underside of a rock ledge right next to that. I was looking for eggs, but haven't seen any. I had a seabae in the tank for a while, they visited but didn't take to it. Then it died as a shipping/collection casulty.

Yea, I guess it could just be taking up the zoos as a host, but not breeding.

Redcomment - Yep, thoes came from Chris Curtis a while back, who probably got the from Brad. I was giving them out at the frag session Saturday. I'll bring some more to the frag swap in November if I'm in town for it.]

[What are the brown dots in that picture beneath the zoos? Flatworms or clown babies?]

[She is probably hosting, but if they are cleaning some rock inspect it daily for the orange mass of eggs. They will be bright orange and pretty hard to miss. If you have a good male he will defend the eggs quite well and usually stay very close. Another thing to look for is her size, does her belly appear to be larger than normal? If you keep regular tabs on them you should be able to tell when she is holding onto a clutch of eggs as her belly will stay unusually full.]