What do you set your calcium reactor too..

pjracer

Premium Member
I just set up my reactor yesterday and I can't find what to set my starting ph at. I am using reborn calcium but it doesn't say what to set it for on the package. I ran a Internet search and found a article from bark that said on his 250 he set it to 7.5 and his 400 to 6.2. Rite now I have it set @ 7

Can anyone shore their experience.

Thanks, Peter.

I run mine a 6.7... I run a mix of course (bottom) and reg ARM (middle) media and some of dolomite (top) for Mg

http://reef.diesyst.com/reactor/reactor.html

Here is a great tool to dial in ca reactor

Correct, it will turn the media to mush. I have mine set to 6.5

Keep in mind that everyone is going to have a different pH set based on the individual tanks uptake/needs of Alkalinity. Whatever you set your pH to you will then need to check your Alkalinity levels every day or two for the next week or two after to make sure that Alk is staying consistent. If Alk is going up at all then change your pH to to higher, and vice versa.

My tank doesn't have much coral in it compared to the overall water volume, and I keep my pH at 7.3. As my media gets low I tend down toward a pH of 7.0 but bump it back up when I refill.

So looks like people range somewhere between 6.5 and 7.3 depending on their tanks specific needs. Trial and error is the best way to figure out what yours is (but start high, not low).

I started at 7.0 and I am going to monitor it daily. Thanks for everyone's quick opinion. I have to contact premium aquatics. I believe the new ph probe is bad. Yesterday was the first day I calibrated it and furred it up and today it's reading 15.8 ph. I swapped to my Neptune probe and I have a good reading again. Joes anyone have a new ph probe they want to sell.