What a day!!!

bbprinting

Membership Expired
My wife came home today and my 48 g reef tank was cracked from the bottom left all the way to the top right and all the water was in the floor. I have no idea how it happened, no rock fell and no one was at home. Needless to say my laminate floor was destroyed. One fish somehow survived. Sad part is I just got back in the hobby and just setup a brand new 125g last week. Now I am teetering on selling it all. So basically I am just venting

Sorry to hear it , but unfortunately accidents do happen. Don't dwell on the loss and try to move forward with your 125. I hope its brand new! Used tanks could be a surprise waiting to happen. Hopefully you'll get years of enjoyment out of that one. This is not an easy hobby to drop. I came back after about 10 yrs and I'm once again enjoying it very much. It has its ups and downs as with everything. Best of luck!

shocked.jpg
alt="">

dude that had to have sucked
i can only imagine what your wife was thinking
sorry for your troubles

That's terrible! It would be nice to know what caused it, like an uneven stand perhaps. Your 125g is fine though, right?

Yea the 125 is a brand new tank and yes the 46 was an established aka used tank. So I am not much of a proponent on used tanks anymore. All the money saved now gets to go to a new floor. At least after a rough nights sleep I can joke a little bit about it. Thanks for all your concerns.

Good to hear you're not giving up. My 125 was purchased used, but I had a pro shop re-enforce all seams and it was polished. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping to get years out of it. I would hate to fully stock a tank and lose it all to a leak,crack,ect. To much of an investment on a tank this size. Once again, good luck with your new set up.