Weird Stand Question

LuHockey2

Premium Member
Doe anyone else notice creaking in your stand? Just recently my wife and I have noticed a creaking coming from the stand, sort of like its settleing or something. We did not notice until about a month ago, but I suppose it could have been happening all along, but I dont think so. The stand is well made furniture. Just curious, cant help but think of nightmare of stand collapsing.

Brian

I will try and get some pics up.

No, it doesnt have a wavemaker or anything like that.

Not sure what the deal is, just makes a little creak sound every so often.

thanks,

Brian

Hey Brian-
Do you have a canopy? could it be related to when the lights go out and when the canopy starts to cool?

On second thought, the way the ground moves arounf here, could be just settling of the foundation.

If the stand is itself not completely level and sitting on a completely level surface, there is certainly room for creaking to occur. Mine has made some rather loud creaks until it got settled in its spot. Periodically I look around my stands to see if there is any water or whatever around the stand inside and out.

@T8T wrote:
Hey Brian- Do you have a canopy? could it be related to when the lights go out and when the canopy starts to cool? On second thought said:
Mine creaks as soon as the lights go out - I am positive mine is the canopy cooling.