Water test kit

Can I use the api freshwater test kit to test my saltwater? What other tests should I be running on my water besides, ammonia, nitrates, nitrites and high range pH?

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

This article will answer most of your questions. You want to use saltwater test kits. http://www.melevsreef.com/node/718

@martd42 wrote:
Can I use the api freshwater test kit to test my saltwater? What other tests should I be running on my water besides said:
Definitely read Marc's article first. It's hard to answer you question without knowing a little bit of background on your tank. Did you just set it up? Is it fish only? Or is it full of SPS coral? How long it's been setup and what you have in it will determine exactly what tests you should probably be performing.

I'm currently cycling my tank. it's a 29gal I have 20lbs of live sand and 25 lbs of base rock with 5lbs of live rock . I've been testing with the freshwater but my ammonia readings still show zero so I'm not sure if there's a difference between the freshwater and saltwater kit

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

The Ammonia test kit should come with a fresh water and a saltwater color chart, if it is API.