Water quaility in Wylie/Murphy

Who has reef tanks in the Wylie or Murphy area? How is your water quality? Do you use cloramine filters? Any specialy filtration needs to run a ULNS from this water supply?

Like most cities in this area, your water will come through the Wylie treatment plant managed by the North Texas Municipal Water District. I have had no problems with the water after ran through my Air Water & Ice 5 stage RODI unit.

With that said, I plan on replacing my carbon filters ahead of schedule in the next week or so based on this anouncement:

Chlorine Maintenance Scheduled

January 17, 2014 - The North Texas Municipal Water District (NTMWD) has scheduled a chlorine maintenance that will be conducted on the NTMWD Wylie, Tawakoni, and Bonham water transmission systems and customers' distribution systems for a 28-day period from February 17, 2014 - March 17, 2014. The chlorine maintenance helps reduce the need for water suppliers to flush systems in order to maintain chloramine residual (required by the TCEQ) during warm weather periods, thus conserving water.

The chlorine maintenance does not affect water quality and remains safe for use. During this period, consumers who are sensitive to taste and odor changes in drinking water might notice a change during this period. This palatability change does not alter the quality of the drinking water provided to consumers.