Water Changes?

How much and how often a month do you guys change water on your tank. Tank size..water change ammount and intervals please.

I change 10-15 gallons a week (Reef crystals) on my 75 gallon mixed reef...just curious [smilie=thinking.gif]

25%-35% seems to be the sweetspot. I like continuous exchange systems, but daily manual works too (and small enough not to be a real chore). I don't really like really large intervals like >= 2 weeks.

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2005-10/rhf/index.php

I now do 30G every month on a ~180G TWV system. I think my tank actually liked the 2 gallons a day water changes better but I'm traveling again and don't let it do this automatically without me being there to watch it. [smilie=lol.gif] Keep in mind that I dose and also add trace elements periodically along with running a denitrator and recently the solid carbon dosing pellets. I'm saying that just to emphasize that folks may be doing a few different things and not using waterchanges strictly for nutrient export.

Cheers,

I do a 20 gallon change every week on about a 150 gallon system(frag tank, sump and display tank). It seems to be able to keep up with my levels and keep nitrates down. I also dose ALK and occasionally calcium. I noticed that my calcium drops to about 360 right before I do a water change, so a few days before I do one I dose a little bit to bring it up.

on my 29g biocube i estimate i actually have about 23 gallons, i change 5 gallons a week. so what is that about 20%

@Saltpro wrote:
[I]@TheCanuck wrote:[/I][quote="180g water change every 3 months said:
How much do you change every three months? Gallons..."]

In another month I am due for another 180g water change. I only change my water every 2-3 months and I do 180 gallons. I don't know how else to explain it haha.

I think he's looking for water change as a percentage of tank volume per unit time. 180g sounds like a typical total water volume figure, so I can see the confusion.

@TheCanuck wrote:
[I]@Saltpro wrote:[/I][quote="[I]@TheCanuck wrote:[/I][quote="180g water change every 3 months said:
How much do you change every three months? Gallons..."]

In another month I am due for another 180g water change. I only change my water every 2-3 months and I do 180 gallons. I don't know how else to explain it haha."]

Lol no i misread what you typed. I was assuming you had a 180 gallon tank and that you only did a water change every three months... [smilie=lol.gif] So maybe im still confused

Lol no i misread what you typed. I was assuming you had a 180 gallon tank and that you only did a water change every three months... [smilie=lol.gif] So maybe im still confused[/quote]

360 gallon tank

1 water change every 2-3 months

Water change volume 180 - 200 gallons

here is the tank

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PvaA_gYnOA[/youtube]

Oh yeah, i remember seeing your video of your shark tank in another thread now. Thats a really cool video. I cant even imagine doing a 180 gallon water change. Thanks for posting the video of your tank [smilie=clapping.gif]