Vho question - Any experience with this?

melev

Club President
Staff member
Board of Directors
Sponsor
[I've got three 4' bulbs on an Icecap 430 ballast. The ballast and two cooling fans are hooked up to the same cord that is plugged into a timer. For the past two days, at 11am my fans kick on but the lights don't. If I simply unplug the cord, and plug it back in my lights turn on. Any idea what would be causing this now?]

[You might try asking Andy at IceCap over in the vendor area on RC. But it might be that the increased amp draw from the fans kicking on might be preventing start up. At 4'x3 on the 430 you are right at the max total lamp lenght.

Also, you might recheck all your wiring, is the hood grounded? I've got one that's only about 50/50 on starting up off the timer, i think it has a capacitor that is going bad, and I relaly need to send it to Andy. I think they charge a flat $60 to rework them. You also might try a different timer, just as a double check on the whole circuit. Just some random thoughts...]

[I thought about trying another timer to see what happens. Of course, for the past 2 months, it has worked flawlessly. Then for 2 days it didn't. Today it worked fine again. I'll have to keep an eye on it.

Good idea about the IceCap people. It seems like we always need to buy twice the equipment needed, just to have backups. :p]