Vertex RX-U Series Reactors

Anyone using the Vertex RX series reactors? I"m in the process of re-plumbing my whole tank, and I'm going to hard plumb my GFO reactor, and carbon reactor with PVC and possibly add my bio pellet reactor back to the system. I'm doing this due to space and reliability. I"m curious in how well they work with different medias and how easy/hard they are hard plumbed.

RXU1.5
http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/vertex-rx-u-1-5-reactor.html?gclid=CIjJrNL1zr0CFRFp7AodGRkA_g

RXU2.5
http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/vertex-rx-u-2-5l-universal-media-reactor.html

honestly its over priced for what it is. Ive seen them at mid-citys they are nice but i really dont care to spend that much on a reactor. the skimmers on the other hand are more worth it

OH ok. I purchased a couple to see how they work. Do you know of another reactor you can hard plumb externally for cheaper?

I run nextreef on mine it has threaded inputs so you could hard line it but I soft lined mine the last foot on the input and hard lined it with a double 90 to flow down but I would say soft line would be easier to remove to change media but if you wanted the next reef runs 1/2 inch threaded outputs and inputs you would just have to put your own pipes in it

I currently have a nextreef mr1 and its only a couple bucks cheaper and its not really good for hard plumbing. The MR1 has had some leaks for me and I don't like the cheap plastic screws in the top of it. That being said, it tumbled my bio pellets really well.

I would check out the reef octopus reactors I have the Biopellets reactor and fit and finish I like it better then the nextreef

I got the vertex for the carbon and gfo. I have my eye on the Reef Octopus BioChurn 120R or the 170 for my biopellets. the 120 I think I can afford, the the 170 is really expensive. Not sure with the moving parts how long before you need to replace parts though.

Nylon thumb screws suck... hard on the fingers, the seals sometimes leak with smallest debris etc and they can snap. The nice thing about these vertex are the screw tops.....

Honestly though, depending on the size needed, the easiest to maintain, change etc are the BRS reactors. I have the Jumbo one for carbon and it takes just a few mins to change it out. They are far more economical too... I'd use the pellet reactor but its not big enough for my system. I like the self-contained insert and with the fittings its all screw in's and push connectors. Easy to plumb, no leaks etc. Just have to install a push connector into the pvc and you are golden.

The vertex are much more attractive of course and you can't beat the quality, but purely functional I would go another route.