UV Sterilizer for 210 Gallon

mitch91175

Premium Member
WHat would be a good UV Sterilizer for my 210 gallon build? I do not want to pay $600 dollars for one, I just need something that will do the job well. I can get a UV Sterlizer 40w Emperor Aquatic for a reasonable price.

I don't know many folks who run them... I've considered it, but never really thought they were needed.

The ultra life products get really good reviews however.... as do the aqua ultraviolets.

I think you may be a tweener on that tank size though, 40W may be overkill, but I think you have to big a tank for a 25W.

clap.gif
alt="">

i like ozone better than uv, definately better imho. you going to use it on a controller?

@Wes wrote:
[img]http://webereefin.com/dfwmas/images/clap.gif[/img] alt=""> i like ozone better than uv said:
Yeah I have a AC3 pro already. I was looking into th Ozotech with a MarineTech ozone reactor. What are you using for your ozone?

i will eventually have it hooked up to my ac3, but i thought about have the ac3 only for monitoring and having my ozone on its own contnroller and my calcium on its own controller instead of using the ph and orp ports on the ac3 to do those. dont know...my tank is still a work in progress, i just know the tanks i have seen on ozone look really nice, and the things i know a uv does do not align with a reef

Ozone generator is a sticky subject to some when implementing into reefs. Some people do not like them, but from what I have read about ozone, in natural reef ozone is created by some type of reaction with sunlight. I passed on the UV sterilizer in favor of ozone for that reason.

Aqua UV is the best by far, I have installed several hundred of these on ponds and tanks of ALL sizes (10-500,000 gallons). PM me and I can point you to the best price around for a new unit.

Emperor Aquatics comes in second, but but the housing becomes brittle after a few years and warping makes a good seal hard. The light quality is also not as good and more difficult to get replacements for.

Tetra, not worth the money. The bulb and the ballast don't put out near the micowatts and wavelengths they say.

I have dealt with over a dozen different companies UV's, Aqua is CLEARLY the best on all accounts.

mitch both are great products...i am proponent for ozone my father is proponent for uv..plus that he points out that uv kills bad and some good things while ozone kills majority of the stuff it oxidizes..so uv lets more good things live..ozone you have to be really careful as it is harmful to humans you need carbon anywhere your ozone leaves a skimmer or reactor

Pampee, I decided on going with the Ozotech Poseidon generator, Marine Tech Pro240D reactor, Marine Tech SR7, Marine Tech CAF-12 air filter, and a luft pump.