UGJ system

I was wondering if anyone was running a UGJ system under their DSB? I know they have been used in Freshwater tanks, but I was wondering if anyone had built a jet system to run in their tank for circulation?
I've built one for my tank so I can run one powerhead & direct the flow better & don't have 2 or 3 powerheads detracting from the aesthetics of the tank or taking up space. It's not done yet, I still have to make nozzles for the output

100_1621.jpg
alt="">

100_1622.jpg
alt="">

I do this but on a bit larger scale. My closed loop intake goes over the top rim, down the back of my tank to the pump then across the bottom, up and over the rim again then down the inside back of the tank splits in a Y at the bottom and then runs under the sand to the front corners. Everything is 1 1/2" pvc up to the Y then 1" to the outlets then 3/4 outlets". I am running it with a Mag 12.

I'm very interested to see how this works out. I'd also like to see how you have your setup, SALT, as the verbal description is hard to visualize.

I have a 42 or 44 hex whatever it is Oceanic makes, that I'd like to setup. However do to the depth of these tanks, getting flow into all of the right areas can be a pain.

sweet, I was about to drill my new tank the same way. I'm about to post a build tread on my 70 gallon clam tank, I'm just waiting for the right time. maybe tonight????

@Mallett wrote:
However do to the depth of these tanks said:
That's part of my problem with the 37G I have. It's tall & narrow, to get sufficent flow, I would likely need 2-3 small powerheads. Thats alot of excess heat for such a small water column, when I'll also have 130W of PC light over it to start with & a QuietOne 3000 in the sump adding to it. Most of my Freshwater buddies running sand in their tanks are doing this with great sucess at eliminating dead spots in the tank.

@malofish wrote:
do you have any recent pics with the tank filled?? said:
Not yet, I'm wating on another sump fuge to be built. The first one I had made was to tall. I'll try to fill it half way with water so I can get a shot this weekend of the UGJ system pumping water though. I don't have to have it full for that.

Sorry about no pictures, very busy weekend. I will try to get some out in the next few days.