Turf Scrubber Results

Mike R

Membership Expired
Thought I’d share a couple pictures of my turf Scrubber mat.  This is the amount of growth after roughly two weeks.  This isn’t my only source for nutrient export, I also grow chaeto in a refugium, dose small amount of No3Po4X daily, and skim of course.... but IMO this Scrubber is a crucial piece of the puzzle that helps me keep my No3 dialed in around 2 and Po4 at 0.03-0.04If you have been considering getting an Algae Turf Scrubber, but have been on the fence, I highly recommend them.  Proof is in the pics and it’s really easy to clean!  View attachment 3817View attachment 3818

Very nice! Looks like it is doing a great job!What lighting schedule and length are you doing for both the scrubber and fuge? My SM Surf algae scrubber is is doing about half that but is working. I wanted the waterfall kind like yours but space was just too limited.View attachment 3694 View attachment 3695I am about to try the refugium again, just withered away last time, but I think the light was too weak.Right now I am dosing PhosphateRX and vinegar to keep them under control. Awesome to see yours working so well! Thanks for sharing Mike!

The ATS lights are on 24/7.  The refugium lighting runs basically opposite the DT.....from 7:30 PM - 7:40 AMLooks like yours is working quite well and pulling out some good stuff!