Trying to save Bubble Coral

Malefactor

Membership Expired
So, got this from a LFS for pretty much next to nothing. Good amount of heads on it, but it's looking extremely rough. Said they received it in worse shape than it currently is in when it was shipped and it's recovered to what it is now... Is there any hope for it, and if so, what can i do to make sure it survives? Rest of the corals in my tank are exploding with health. Water parameters are stable and right on target. I do weekly 15% water changes with exact salinity / temp to change out. I feed every three days frozen mysis and phyto.

alt="">

alt="">

alt="">

I have no great ideas how to help in this case, but I'm tagging along to see what other people say. Is it accepting food? I've heard the tupperware method of feeding helps with resistant corals, but I didn't have much success the one time I tried.

It ate last night pretty well and constantly has its mouth and sweepers out. Hopefully pulling the phtyo i've been feeding. And it does bubble up as well as retract. There's definitely some life still in it.

I wouldn't blast food at him. Feed a couple times a week and I would look into Brightwell Restore.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Yeah, i started by dosing phyto to the tank to open em up and tempt them. Then once mouth was exposed gave it the mysis. It readily took it. Bubbles were bigger today and more dense. But still nothing like it should be. Under actinics its still got that bluish / pearl glow (its supposed to be a parl white bubble)

And i only feed every 3 days

With all the protusions and sharp edges om the rock its on. Should i cut those off? If so, how would i do that?

I would think with the proper water parameters and feeding it will regenerate. I don't think I'd do anything with the skeleton. You may do more harm than good.

Gotcha. Didnt know if that was skeleton or rock it was pn. The whole piece is the size of both my hands laid out flat. So if thats skeleton, this thing was originally huge.

Have heard it's usually easier for a coral to regrow skeleton than reattach, but ive also only been keeping corals for about a month now and have no clue what to do

Well, as of last night the bubbles are a little bit fuller and instead of just opening its mouths, it had feeding tentacles out all over the place. Definately the best its looked in the few days ive had it.

And today i have noticed that instead of the typical bleached white look it's had this whole time. Under Actinics tonight it's got more of a blue/green sheen as if it's adopting zooxanthellae and developing a color. If it keeps this color, i'll be VERY happy as it's actually quite pretty. The bubbles are as well getting more pronounced.