triger systems Skimmers

yasser

Membership Expired
guys .. tank start cycling and i'm seeing the TS 300 skimmer skimms more and more everyday. where dos it come up with all of that black staff. Man. i guess my tank full of waste ? i only have 6 fishes and about 100LBS of LR and 150 LBS of LS.

i guess this is a very good skimmer. i love it . i'm very happy with it.

here is some pics

Yes, it is coming out of your water. Six fish that pee & poop, plus anything added by the food you pour in daily.

I see that skimmer operates externally. Could it be used on a system with no sump? My setup is a DAS 110g tank. I am unhappy with the skimmer in it. It seems under powered. Was thinking about trying to plumb it for a sump or maybe an external skimmer would do the trick.
The problem I forsee is head pressure on the pump. WOuld it work?

His stuff is truly THE BOMB

monogram.jpg
alt="">

@sunset pizza wrote:
I see that skimmer operates externally. Could it be used on a system with no sump? My setup is a DAS 110g tank. I am unhappy with the skimmer in it. It seems under powered. Was thinking about trying to plumb it for a sump or maybe an external skimmer would do the trick. The problem I forsee is head pressure on the pump. WOuld it work? said:
You should ask David yourself. Nicki is his wife, and she posts here regularly. If you PM her, odds are he'll get to see the question.

I know this has nothing to do with protein skimmers, but you don't really want to get that "brick wall" effect with the live rock in your tank. Spread it out and stack it so there are holes, caves and crevices for fish to hide in (not just the gaps that happen to be there). I like to leave room for fish to swim around behind my rock mountain.

I knew a guy that stacked his LR very compactly because he wanted to be able to see all of his fish all of the time. Poor fish, they hide in the corner.

Ok now back to your protein skimmer:
Most people are surprised to see how much filth those things can take out when cycling or just after stirring things up. It's no big deal just clean it out regularly or adjust your skimmer accordingly (if it's adjustable) after the tank cycles.