Tissue loss on acropora

Hey guys, I recently upgraded to a bigger tank, and in the process an acropora frag was placed in an area with decreased flow. Before I realized it, the relatively small frag had lost tissue around it base. The loss was around the entire base extending up about 1 cm. I moved the frag to an area of higher flow and the light, and is now doing well. My question is, should I remove the area of tissue loss, or will it regrow?

Thanks, Austin

I agree a pic would help. If the tissue has stopped depending on what type of coral it is and how big it is, it may grow back if it can get some good light. If its a huge coral and it totally shadded if may grow back, but that will not hurt anything.

I would suggest to cut the good part off and dip in bayer, remount on new plug and replace in tank and watch it recover. Just what I have had the most success with in the past. [smilie=wink.gif]

Upon further inspection, the tissue loss was more that I thought. In fear of algae growing over the exposed skeleton, I trimmed and remounted it. I'll let you know how it turns out. Thanks for all the input.

I've heard adding superglue gel to the bottom of the frag (a little over the good tissue) tends to help.

@Amiller295 wrote:
It's funny that you say that because I accidentally did that said:
SPS will encrust right over the glue and will not cause any problems to the coral. No worries with that.