The Cube

14932064142_b7977d2b4a_z.jpg
alt="">

It was more of a frosted look before, and no I don't think the black will be an issue. The holes in the screen are big enough to let plenty of light through.

You'll be surprised. I had black mesh for my DIY keep fish from jumping out tops. The holes were the biggest I could find and it blocked out about half of the light so I went and bought white. May look slightly unpleasant outside but what's inside the tank likes it soooooo much better. I'd go with the white... The black made my fish hide and my nems and some of my corals close up. With white it's like they don't even notice!

Bryan, if you find that it blocks any light or it gives you a grid pattern underwater with the lights on, I have a suggestion for a cool compromise. Bulk Reef Supply sells DIY mesh screen kits. The mesh they sell with it is actually clear, and the spaces are 1/4". These let all the light through, provide adequate air contact, keep even the smallest fish from jumping out, and are also quite visually pleasing from the outside. I have a picture or two of the one on my tank in my tank build thread. You just cut it to size and install the mesh, and you're good to go! Food for thought, anyway.

Good luck on the leak testing! I hope it all turns out well!

Thanks guys

I normally use tulle netting, so if this doesnt work out I will just go back to what has worked well for me in the past. I really appreciate all of the suggestions though.

I wish I had known that!!! Instead I bought a screen door kit at Walmart, extra corner pieces at Home Depot and that material they make petticoats out of. I grabbed my ruler corner clamp and Jigsaw and made my own. Who says chicks aren't good with power tools?!?[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408249598.410139.jpg[/attachment]

Awesome work, Tabi! The BRS kit is basically a screen door kit anyway... The only thing that makes it special is the clear mesh, which is pretty hard to find.

Tulle is the material I used. It is super thin and a bit stretchy so it works great! It's like $1 per yard at Hobby Lobby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Tabi1720 wrote:
Tulle is the material I used. It is super thin and a bit stretchy so it works great! It's like $1 per yard at Hobby Lobby. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk said:
I think tulle is probably the best option really. A friend of mine on another forum lost his yasha goby through the BRS netting even at only .25" openings. The tulle is so fine that absolutely nothing but light and air can make it through. [smilie=smile.gif]

Going to run like this for a while. Rock on upper right is WAY to big I know, but I have others that I will be playing with to get it just right.

14929492426_e0c7348a31_c.jpg
alt="">