Telnet into APX to reset mail log

curt.smith

Premium Member
I am trying to Telnet into my APX this error message reads {mail.gmx.com unknown host server} how do i fix this???? it was all set up and running with NO changes for a year. I DID have e-mail notification and txt alerts running, also Apex APP (1-phone4) then one day no reason E=mail and TXT just stopped

i used the KISS method on set up :The apex unoffical uders guide: and did exactly as was in the book step by step : appon this error it said to telnet in to the apex varified that Windows 7 was telnet enabled and i can get in to the controller with telnet but it wont acess the MAIL LOG what steps do i need to fix this HELP PLEASE lol -Curt.Smith

It has a hung error message in its telnet programming it's on page 23 of the unofficial apex guide that has to be cleared so it can start sending messages again -curt

You're probably not going to be able to Telnet into the Apex unless you setup port forwarding for that on your firewall/cable router/FIOS router/whatever the same way as for the web browser and iPhone app access. The same setup that you would have to do to get the web access to work remotely (forwarding port 80), you'll need to do with TCP port 23 to allow the telnet connection.