Stupid button polys!

lanespd200

Membership Expired
I am so sick of them overtaking and smothering my corals. I was reading about kalk paste and other ways to kill them. What seems to be the best way for you guys? I cannot take the rock out, I wish I could. I injected them with Joe's Juice but they came back. I couldn't find anything else that has seemed to have the best way or you guys? Thanks for your imput.

You may never get rid of them all, they will eventually come back if you miss one. You may have to bite the bullet and replace the rock, thats what I had to resort to as I couldn't kill them all faster than they started growing back. I bought more rock and cured it first then removed corals from the rocks then made the transition.

Cheers,

I'm doing the same thing right now because of TX Trash Palys. But a few have survived, but I can kill a few using Joes Juice or something like it.

Wound up with a Piccaso Trigger in a tank purchase and gave to a friends predator tank. He used to have TX trash and a few other palys, just a fat Trigger nowdays. I wouldn't recomend one for your Reef, but maybe theres something else predatory in nature towards Palys that wouldn't eat everything?

You really have to scrape them off the rock entirely to remove them.

I tried kalk paste a few weeks ago, and all my texas trash pallys I treated are coming back. I'm going to try again while they seem a little weak.

I threw some Joes Juice on mine, they are still closed up but they will be back. At least it gives the others time to breathe!