Stn help

im starting to get discouraged. Over the last week ive slowly lost some acros to stn. Ive tested my levels and cal wss at 450 alk 10 mag 1300 nitrate between 5 and 10 and phosphates at barly readable on the chart. I do 2g water changes have the radion run 8hrs a day max intensity 25% but only for 3hrs daily. They stn from the base up. Mp10 for flow reefcrest only on the 3rd light 10# live rock in a 7.5 flat back hex. Salinity is 1.025 temp is 77-78 controlled by my apex added my ato today incase its salinity swings

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

@Guppy Breeder wrote:
im starting to get discouraged. Over the last week ive slowly lost some acros to stn. Ive tested my levels and cal wss at 450 alk 10 mag 1300 nitrate between 5 and 10 and phosphates at barly readable on the chart. I do 2g water changes have the radion run 8hrs a day max intensity 25% but only for 3hrs daily. They stn from the base up. Mp10 for flow reefcrest only on the 3rd light 10# live rock in a 7.5 flat back hex. Salinity is 1.025 temp is 77-78 controlled by my apex added my ato today incase its salinity swings said:
In a tank that small evaporation could definitely cause salinity swings. I started with a 14g Biocube and the ATO made a huge difference. With 10 pounds of rock in a 7.5g tank I'd imagine you probably have more like 5g of actual water. You might start doing 1g water changes (or less) and a little more frequently to get the nitrates down closer to 0. Unless you know the temp and pH of the new water matches exactly what you're taking out a 2g change could be quite a difference. Or do the change very slowly. I did a lot of my water changes on my Biocube (10g actual water volume) using a 44oz plastic cup I brought home from a fast food place. I'd just move the ATO line to my new salt water bucket, then scoop out a cup of water and let the ATO slowly fill it back up.

Thats brilliant. After displacment im at 4.5g i have been diligent in testing my mix and tank. I make sure they max using brs additives if necessary which has been 1 time when i let the rscp mix longer than suggested.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk