Starting Over- 150g 48"L x 30"W x 24"H Mixed Reef

Well, as some may have noticed I bought a 48x30x18 with stand/hood that I ended up finding an odd crack in one of he seams. It's still holding water outside but I don't trust it inside. Paranoia kicked in and after some research, I ordered a new tank. Decided to go a bit deeper.

Tank On Order -
48" x 30" x 24" Custom Planet Aquariums tank with PVC button. Wide overflow along back with 2 drains and 2 returns. Should have this in a couple weeks. Ordered via Yuki @ Aquarium Boutique.

Lighting -
4 x Aquaillumination Gen 2 LED Lights
DIY LED setup from RapidLED.com for a fuge light

Filtration -
Avast CS1 DIY Recirculating Skimmer, new version 1.3. Just finished building it (pics to follow soon). Complete with auto-neck cleaner (the swabbie) and a 1.5g skimmate locker!
Bulk Reef Supply Dual canister media reactor for Carbon and GFO
35g Acrylic Sump/Fuge
MAG 12 I bought new when I only had one drain. Now that I have 2 I might upgrade return pump. Any suggestions?

Other Items:
120lbs of Pink Arag-Alive reef sand from BRS
100lbs of Pukani Dry rock from BRS
50lbs of Fiji Dry rock from BRS
17lb giant flat tonga rock from BRS, will make an amazing shelf/cave. Ordered a 10 pounder and got a surprise!
2 x 55g plastic drums for mixing and home to my cooking rock right now
5 stage 150gpd RODI kit from BRS
2 x 400w heaters
2 x Koralia Evolution 1400gph power heads (probably going to end up as mixing power heads)

Brains:
Full Neptune Apex system

On the "to order" list
2 x Tunze 6105 controllable pumps to replace the koralias.

Ordered my 2 x Tunze 6105s brand new along with an Apex VDM to control my AI LED lights. I picked up a Tunze rock while i was at it, they looked cool!

I will finally take some pics tomorrow.

Small updates, 2 x 55g barrels with freshly made ro/di saltwater, each with a koralia evolution 1400gph powerhead and a 250w jager heater inside. 100lbs of pukani and 50lbs of fiji sitting inside to start my cycle.

Neptune apex came today, pretty unexciting $500 box to open... i am still kind of doubting myself on this purchase.

LEDS are in, Avast DIY skimmer is built and i must say it was a fun project to work on..

My DIY LED light for my refugium comes tomorrow so I can start building that!

Got my Biocube 8 DIY LED retrofit kit from Rapidled.com, obviously I am not using this in a biocube but i figured it would be a good full kit for a fuge light. After soldering it all together, It might be overkill lol. Oh well! It lights up almost an entire 10'x10' room. Pics!

[attachment=1]2013-01-18 09.01.12 (Copy).jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]2013-01-18 09.01.30 (Copy).jpg[/attachment]

You might want to change all the 40 degree lenses to 70 degree lenses. I ran 4 x ai sols on my tank which is the same dimensions as yours and did not feel it covered front to back and side to side good enough with stock lenses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@kuyatwo wrote:
You might want to change all the 40 degree lenses to 70 degree lenses. I ran 4 x ai sols on my tank which is the same dimensions as yours and did not feel it covered front to back and side to side good enough with stock lenses Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk said:
thanks for the tip. They might be already, who knows.. Probably not though. I will look into it once I get them over the tank and see what they do.

If you're running the AI Sol Blues or Whites then the 4 outer housings are 70 deg and the 4 inner housings are 40 deg. You can order a pack of 70 deg reflectors from AI for like $25 a pack.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.

@Airstreamin wrote:
If you're running the AI Sol Blues or Whites then the 4 outer housings are 70 deg and the 4 inner housings are 40 deg. You can order a pack of 70 deg reflectors from AI for like $25 a pack. Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk. said:
yeah I just looked into that. I'd need 4 sets so another $100 on top of the many thousands I already spent lol. But maybe! I will see if they are needed

i lied, 48x30x25 :) finally here! new steel stand will be ready monday and I can finally start putting stuff together!!!!

new square steel tubing stand. 40" tall. I am 6'3" and want a tall tank!

Going to use my CNC machine to make some nice wood panels for the outside. Maybe Magnetize them to the stand for easy removal

Very nice if you check out my build log I have a 48 by 30 by 30 tank. 42 inch stand with 18 inch cap and 3 sol lights. I am 6'3" as we'll and it is the perfect height. Good choice !

@galaxy14 wrote:
Very nice if you check out my build log I have a 48 by 30 by 30 tank. 42 inch stand with 18 inch cap and 3 sol lights. I am 6'3" as we'll and it is the perfect height. Good choice ! said:
very cool, makes me wish i had gone 30 deep too :) oh well. i still love it. Side note, i need my new retail store painted!

@roryb24 wrote:
Nice I really like the dimensions of the tank. How you planning in doing the rock work? Islands said:
Not really sure yet. I have some amazing Rick. I have a few gigantic pieces and I have a shelf rock that is about a 20" diameter circle. Once I get everything up I'm just going to lay the rock out and go from there.

Maybe I should have a rock work and beer party?

@milkit wrote:
new square steel tubing stand. 40" tall. I am 6'3" and want a tall tank! Going to use my CNC machine to make some nice wood panels for the outside. Maybe Magnetize them to the stand for easy removal said:
I added a foot to my stand because im 6'3" as well and it is nice to look at without bending over...you are gona like that