Spring Frag Swap

Drew

Club Treasurer
Staff member
Board of Directors
I haven’t seen an announcement about a spring swap. Is the club planning one?

With 2 (3 if you consider the Houston event) in the next 4 months I doubt it will happen.  They had one a year or so ago that coincided with a show in OK, and turn out was not that great.  I would love one, just because we get to see the local hobbyist selling.

We had one planned for  March but decided to reschedule so the sellers are not overburdened with too many shows. We're still considering a date in April or May but again, this is the time of the year for shows and we're trying to remain respectful of the seller's schedule. Hope to have an update soon. 

Posted by: Steve We had one planned for the March but decided to reschedule so the sellers are not overburdened with too many shows. We're still considering a date in April or May but again said:
Any thought to just having a smaller one that supports more of the local sellers?

We have discussed it many times and go back to a mixed show that attempts to maintain a balance of hobbyist, LFS and Home Business Sellers. We are very cognitive of the clubs funds and want to ensure there is enough value for our members [for any event] before we expend the clubs resources and the BOD's time. Not PC, but I just don't see enough hobbyist interest to warrant a small hobbyist only show (sellers and buyers) as there is so much on-line selling today.