Solar tubes for reef lighting

Has anyone done this around here yet? I read a thread over on reef central ( http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1457056&perpage=25&pagenumber=1 ) that was about some guy in San Antonio who did this. It seems to work well. Im in the commercial roofing business and we just had a sales rep from Orion here who sells the "Orion Energy Systems' Apollo Light Pipe"

5319.jpg
alt="">

I am renting the house I live in right now but as soon as I buy a house Im going to install a couple of these for a tank. They emmit zero heat while producing as much light as MH and even have the shimmer! I can get them for a good price as well as install them myself.

I don't know of anybody around here that is using them but I have kicked around the idea too. I'll have to catch up on his thread and see how things are going.

The material cost for the tube skylights is about $300-$400 depending on what brand and size you want. From what people are saying in the reefcentral thread the solatubes are the best ones to use. Im not so sure of that though.