So what is up with my branching flowerpot?

Ok so we started with a happy coral, two days ago
Now the coral is retracted, and the flesh is visible between two heads, there appears to be some sort of blue organism on it and a pineapple sponge growing in the affected area

The blue thing could be a sponge as well, my monitor sucks so I cant see it that clearly. I dont think the sponges are a big problem though.
The problem is that goni's are nearly impossible to keep alive for most reefers. Very few people have good success with them.

It is not a gonepora they call it a branching flowerpot alvepora I think
We have had it for months and it lived through Katrina
Donna has a better pick it is coming up

Sorry TJ, I thought you only had the coral for two days. I think I misread your first post.

You can try rubbing the sponge off, with the coral held in a bucket, using a child size toothbrush.
I have a yellow sponge encrusting on a galaxea and I know it is causing problems, but I havent figured out how to kill the sponge yet.

Also, are you target feeding it?

My linkia chowed down on the sponge in my previous tank. I thought that this was a component of their regular diet. Yours didn't? Strange? Did I have a mutant? :?:

Yes we spot feed from time to time. We heard today to expose the entire thing to air, sponges have 0 tolerance for air and will die.

Servo you may have observed something on one else has been able to, since no one really knows what they eat