So much for the "artificial reef"...

Well, I gave it a shot. And in hindsight I know where I messed up. So with that...
I saw that there were some people that were using great stuff foam, eggcrate, and such to build artificial reef rocks and walls. Most had added real rock to the structure to help weigh it down. Well, I decided to not add rock to the structure thinking I could secure it down by adding silicone to the back and pressing to the glass of the tank. This would have worked if I put silicone all the way up and down and not just at the top...or better yet, added real rock to the structure to weigh it down.
I had the piece in the tank and thought it was good to go. It actually was for maybe 1 day. It gradually lifted, pressed, and broke free of the silcone and lifted up and out of the water. I wish I would have taken pics of it but I was in a "save the light" mode.
Anyway, it was removed and I have added live rock to the tank...now, just have to convince the wife it won't smell like this forever!!! :roll: :evil:
Here are some before and after pics of the artificial reef. Maybe I can use it for my next PDF vivarium...

I was going to pm you to see how everything was going but I see your working hard on the tank. Yeah , I started my build and plan to incorporate the pond foam and add my few twists to the ideas already out there.

Thanks Lindsey...I very well could have added rock to the bottom but I really didn't want to mess with it. I wish I would have done that at the beginning...oh well, might give me an excuse for a nano at a later date!!! Haha, just don't tell my wife :lol: :wink: :shock: