snow flake eel

Having problems explaining to someone, that a large snowflake eel IS NOT something you want to turn loose on an established reef tank.

Has anyone out there ever had a similar problem? How do you get your point across without pissing them off? They pay me to take care of this tank, an 80 Oceanic, and now they are just gonna sacrifice everything to the eel?
I am frustrated. And am afraid that I have to accept that people will do what they want, regardless of the facts.
This eel is almost 3 ft long. I don't think there's an invert in that tank that stands a chance.

Any Advice?

say goodbye to the reef, I added one to a 75 I had a couple black and red lions. After 3 nights a battle royal and they all died. Snowflakes are nice but should be left alone

dead all dead

Robert

I can see you're running a business. A friend from college use to do the same thing. If the owner INSISTED on putting something agressive or destructive in to the tank, he made them sign a piece of paper that says, "I understand this fish could potentially destroy or eat things in my tank. I will not hold (so-and-so) responsible in the event that this happens." Of course, "so-and-so" being my friends, or your, name.

-Catherine

You will find it happens all the time and not just with livestock selection. Equipment and everything else.

Anyway, all you can do is tell them why it's a bad idea and tell them why you would never do it and if they still want it, it's their tank! At the same time I would not provide it to them if you are in the business. Tell them they have to get it from somewhere else. Just an ethical issue on my part.