Slip or threaded bulkheads?

@coralreefer wrote:
I bought threaded and will get slip next time. Cement trumps teflon tape any day in my book. said:
Agreed i have always used slip and after cutting a couple off changing plans i decided to get threaded this time....It worth paying for new slip the threaded are just a pain. Had leaks like crazy at first. never once had a leak with slip.

I prefer threaded I never had a leak if done right plus I can redo my plumbing whenever I want. Just make sure you wrap the Teflon the opposite direction the nut turns or you will start unwrapping the Teflon as you turn the nut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@kuyatwo wrote:
I prefer threaded I never had a leak if done right plus I can redo my plumbing whenever I want. Just make sure you wrap the Teflon the opposite direction the nut turns or you will start unwrapping the Teflon as you turn the nut Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk said:
Same for me

Im a threaded guy as well. I also dont use teflon tape and I dont have leaks either. (I wont lie - I really like silicon gel instead of teflon tape!)

For my Durso drains, I used Slip/Slip. The Durso presses into the bulkhead, and the plumbing glued into the bottom side perfectly.

For my bulkheads leading to the return pumps, I have threaded/slip so I could screw in a strainer basket to keep anything but water out of the pumps.

I went with threaded in tank and slip out. I can remove things in tank easily but will cement in on the outside and install unions where desired.

Six or a half dozen... same outcome either way.

I think the slight vibration in my hard plumbing from my external pump is causing the threads to not seal as well, and get small salt creep leaks.