Skimmer Help

hitillidie

Membership Expired
anyone have a sedra 5000 for an asm G3. Something wrong with mine. Trying to see if anyone has an extra to sell or even borrow if they don't want to see it. I'm going to look around and see if I can find a deal on another skimmer.

I don't feel comfortable running the tank without a skimmer. I really don't have a fuge just some cheato.

Thanks in advance

You should be fine without a skimmer for a few days to a week or 2. If you have plenty of live rock it will take care of any biological work. Just cut back on feeding until you get the new pump. If you hit a week without a skimmer you might want to do a bigger than normal water change to help pull out the extra nutrients. Also, if you can, run some carbon or some type of chemical media while you wait for the new pump.

I've gone a couple of weeks without a skimmer and the only thing I saw was the algae on the tank glass grew quicker from the extra nutrients in the water.

If this is an SPS dominant tank then you probably should get a skimmer going as quickly as you can.

Thanks guy but later that same night I plug it back up and it worked fine. :roll: But I'm going to buy an back-up anyway.