Silicone u/w

Is there a silicone that can be applied underwater that won't harm the fish or corals? It's a bit late in the game, but my overflow needs to be seated (the magnets I was using aren't working) and sealed, but I can't take the whole shebang down to do it...

You can use underwater epoxy.
But to my knowledge, there is no silicon that wont cause mase damage, and most wont cure under water.

It's a gamble, but it probably will work. It would just take a lot. You don't have the ability to drain it?

You really should just do it right, draining the tank, cleaning it well and allowing it to dry out, then apply aquarium-safe silicone to the overflow. Let it cure for 24 hours, and it will be good for years to come.

Unfortunately, I don't have teh ability to drain it and do the work, as it's full of fish and coraks and live rock and is really doing well!

So, what I'm thinking is that I might edge the plexi with silicone, let it dry outside the tank, then superglue a pair of big magfloats inside it (more likely a large rubber coated niodium magnet) then cure in a bucket for a day or two.

This way, when the magnet takes hold, it hopefully squishes the cured silicone against the glass, acting sort of like a gasket.

....why can't I just do things the right way first?!?!?!.... :roll:

That makes a lot more sense. I was starting to think we we're just spinning our wheels, if this was only a 24 gallon.
It will be tough to have a permanent fix unless you drain it, but you many be able to hold it in place with the magnets. Just make sure the magnets are water tight, if not, they will rust and cause way more damage in the long run. Maybe take some pics of what your trying to do, and if you attempt it. You can post them in the DIY forum, and then others can either follow or learn.
Thanks

Ya, that's my fear with Magfloats: that the case will leak if I leave it in the tank, causing internal rust, which leaks out and kills everything.

But mysis shrimp sure do love to live in between the velcro teeth...

Will post up after I get a much larger rubber coated magnet from K&J Magnetics.