Sid from East Texas

I'm out here in the rural 'desert' of Saltwater fish in East Texas. I am looking to get a "learner" tank so that when I build my retirement home in ~3 years, I am ready to make informed decisions about ~300-gallon display tanks for Saltwater fish.

I will start with a smaller tank and probably a pair of Yellow Clowns and a clean-up crew in a 40~60 gallon tank though, Coral-Vault is making a great recommendation for me to step up to a 90G model that is 36"x24"x25" from Planet Aquariums.

I'm out here in the rural 'desert' of Saltwater fish in East Texas. I am looking to get a "learner" tank so that when I build my retirement home in ~3 years, I am ready to make informed decisions about ~300-gallon display tanks for Saltwater fish.

I will start with a smaller tank and probably a pair of Yellow Clowns and a clean-up crew in a 40~60 gallon tank though, Coral-Vault is making a great recommendation for me to step up to a 90G model that is 36"x24"x25" from Planet Aquariums.

Hi @sidpost and Welcome!

Glad you found club. Sounds like you have a plan and however you go will be fine.

Club does virtual meetings thru zoom (and if you win mtg prize, I mail them) but coming up May 20-21 is Aquashella which is an event worth driving into Dallas to enjoy. Check out info on this club website and the Internet for more Aquashella info. If you'd like to see recent club meetings and/or events, those that have recordings available are at www.youtube.com/@dfwmas - lots of good info out there for new people - we have been blessed to have really great guest speakers!